Water and Solid Waste Management Certification Course
This Water and Solid Waste Management Certification Course is developed by Auroville Consulting through a partnership with experts with a profound knowledge of water and waste management in Auroville. During the 5-module course, participants will experience various types and methods of waste management and sustainable waste reduction. The program is facilitated by subject experts and will include hands-on work to gain first-hand practical knowledge.
To teach participants effective methods and techniques that could be utilized to reduce the amount of waste in the future, and how to deal with the waste we are currently generating. The program is aligned with Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (SBA) or Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM), the connecting thread between the modules.
|Sl.no||Topic||Mode of Training||PROPOSED DATES||Duration||Resource Person|
|1||Module 5- part 1||Online||17th July||3hrs||Auroville Consulting|
|2||Module 5- part 2||Online||31st July||3hrs||Auroville Consulting|
|3||Module 5- part 3||Online||7th Aug 2021||3hrs||Auroville Consulting|
|4||Module 5- part 4||Online||14th Aug 2021||3hrs||Auroville Consulting|
|5||Module 5- part 5||Online||28th Aug 2021||3hrs||Auroville Consulting|
Inge van Alphen
Head of Training and Capacity Building
TRAINING AND CAPACITY BUILDING:
- Cutting-edge approaches from internationally certified arborist professionals.
- Understanding of flora and fauna, urban forestry, urban farming
- Understanding of environmental, social and economical benefits of trees in cities.
- The relation between climate and urban forests
- The relation between the health of citizens and urban farms and forests
- Choosing the right trees for different locations and how to incorporate them into existing plans
- A detailed method for pre-development planning with the benefits outlined
- Proper post-development care
- Maintenance strategies
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Introduction to Sustainability
- Sustainable waste management
- Sustainable water management
- Creating livelihood out of waste
- Segregation and recycling basics
- Importance of sanitation
- Sustainability & Social Responsibility